Re: CD writing in future Linux (stirring up a hornets' nest)

Hello!

> This is why the mapping engine is in the Linux adoption part of
> libscg. It maps the non-stable device <-> /dev/sg* relation to a
> stable b,t,l address.

Nonsense. The b,t,l addresses are NOT stable (at least for transports
where the kernel would have to make them up) unless you take an extra
effort to make them stable (like I understand Solaris does). But you
can use the same extra effort to make the /dev entries stable (like
udev does).

				Have a nice fortnight
--
Martin `MJ' Mares   <[email protected]>   http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~mj/