Re: wireless: recap of current issues (configuration)

On Sun, Jan 15, 2006 at 11:39:41AM -0800, Sam Leffler wrote:
> The big stumbling block I found to going with virtual devices is that it
> affects user apps.  I looked at doing things like auto-create a station
> device for backwards compatibility but decided against it.  If you
> really want this behaviour it can be done by user code.

Right, no reason not to just put this into a hotplug script, is there?
Is it, when it comes down to it, significantly different than automating
firmware loads for the user?

-m

--
Mike Kershaw/Dragorn <[email protected]>
GPG Fingerprint: 3546 89DF 3C9D ED80 3381  A661 D7B2 8822 738B BDB1

Experts in ancient Greek culture say that people back then didn't see their
thoughts as belonging to them.  When they had a thought, it occured to them
as a god or goddess giving them an order.  Apollo was telling them to be
brave.  Athena was telling them to fall in love.
Now people hear a commercial for sour cream potato chips and rush out to buy.
	-- Chuck Palahniuk