Re: Digital Audio Extraction with ATAPI drives far from perfect

Lee Revell wrote:

One thing that _is_ different is that the SG_IO version very
frequently (soft) locks up the machine, with:

So you are saying that once you see the BUG: softlockup message the
system is unresponsive and must be rebooted?

Well, a bit before that -- it takes a while for the softlockup timer to trigger. Yes and no, the machine's 'dead' while this is happening but in the end (minutes) it does recover in so far that it's no longer trying (but does leave around a cdparanoia in D state). Yes, I reboot, and then things work again, until... well, they do not, which is quickly with the SG_IO patched cdparanoia.

It's probably more useful to test with a very minimal CDDA extraction tool using SG_IO, if Jens has any such tool lying around, and if anyone _wants_ me to test. As said, I personally just switched back to using regular cdparanoia, which is working fine for me.

Rene.