Re: Digital Audio Extraction with ATAPI drives far from perfect

(please, don't forget to me and [email protected])

On Sa, Jan 07, 2006 at 09:44:40 +0400, Brad Campbell wrote:
> Sebastian wrote:
> >
> >Yay, problem solved!
> >

> >P.S.: I already reripped the test disc using ide-cd and the
> >SG_IO-patched cdparanoia and the results are perfect. OMG, I bought Win
> >XP Home 2 months ago because of this (so I can use Exact Audio Copy). I
> >guess I can remove XP from my drive now and sell it to some wretched guy :)
> >Harhar.
> >
> >S.
>
> Yes, but now we need to find out why one interface fails while another
> works.. I have the same problem here using cdrdao when ripping entire disk
> images. I'd love to fix the real issue rather than work around it by having
> userspace use another interface.
> I would have thought that both interfaces should return the same data..
>
> Brad

I think cdrdao can use SG_IO if you tell it to. Check their documentation. Or did I misunderstand what you're saying?

Sebastian

--
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." (HST)