RE: 2.6.15-mm2

>> Any difference if you boot with "acpi=off" or "pci=noacpi"?
>> If that fixes it, then ACPI is shomehow involved in the problem.
>> If it doesn't fix it, then ACPI is not involved.

>Big difference, but probably not the sort of difference you
>were hoping for ;)

>PCI: No IRQ known for interrupt pin C of device 0000:00:1c.2.
>Probably buggy MP table.

Yeah, that that's no help.  Sorry, debugging the legacy MPS
code is where I draw the line:-)  I guess if you want to compare
with and without ACPI you have to go all the way down to
UP/PIC mode,  (maxcpus=1 noapic, with and with out acpi=off)
but unless that fails with acpi and works without, we may
not be able to tell much about the failure from it.

thanks
-Len