Re: robust futex heap support patch

Hi,
 I got a little time to look at your current patch (2.6.14-rt21-rf8).
I noticed a problem in futex_wake_robust(). You have a "goto retry" to
solve the following situation:

  Task A                             Task B
      takes futex in userspace
                                     Tries to take mutex and sets the
                                     waiting bit in user space
      releases futex, notices task B
      calls kernel and enters
      futex_wake_robust()

    retry:
      if not owner in rt_mutex
         goto retry;
                                     Calls kernel
                                     Makes A owner in rt_mutex
                                     blocks
       Leaves retry-loop and
       completes the futex wake
       operation as normally.

However,  if Task A is RT on a UP machine it will go on in the retry loop
forever. Task B will never get the CPU to complete it's kernel-call.

You have probably by manipulating the userspace flag from within the
rt_mutex code :-(

Esben