Re: Suspend to RAM broken with 2.6.13

Hi,

> > I'm experiencing problems with suspend to RAM on my Dell D600 laptop.
> > When I run Ubuntu's 2.6.10 kernel I have no problem with suspend to RAM.
> > However, when I run 2.6.13, my laptop sometimes doesn't wake up. It
> > seems like the longer my uptime, the more likely the problem is to occur
> > (which makes it hard to reproduce sometimes). This happens even with a
> > non-preempt kernel.
>
> Check if it works with minimal drivers and non-preemptible kernel...

I checked with 1) a minimal drivers on a preempt kernel and 2) with a
few more drivers (usb mouse) and a non-preempt kernel. Both didn't wake
up when I suspended after a few days of uptime (right after boot, it's
fine). The default Ubuntu kernel is a preempt-enabled 2.6.10 kernel and
it always resumed from suspend, even with usb devices plugged in (I
still had to reload the driver though). As I said, it's not trivial to
test, because it takes a while before the bug occurs.

	Jean-Marc

--
Jean-Marc Valin <[email protected]>
Université de Sherbrooke