Re: I request inclusion of reiser4 in the mainline kernel

On Sun, 18 Sep 2005 13:22:27 EDT, michael chang said:

> Give Hans a chance; and please try to understand, even if he's hard to
> work with.  Discriminate him because he's not a developer you can talk
> with, and I believe that's like discriminating a guy in a wheelchair
> because he can't run with you when you jog in the morning.

There's nothing wrong with discriminating against the guy in the wheelchair
under some circumstances - for instance, when your track team needs a new
high jumper.

Similarly, when the goal is to build a set of developers that can actually
get work accomplished, poor interpersonal communication skills can be a
major problem.

If the problem is that Hans and the rest of the kernel developers don't get
along, perhaps the most expedient thing would be for Hans to step out of the
way and have somebody else from Namesys (or elsewhere even) act as the interface.