Re: select() efficiency / epoll

So, I've been trying to use epoll.. on linux-2.6.11-6mdk

However, I'm getting segfaults because some pointers in places are getting set to low integer values (which didn't used to have those values).

The deal is that my application is multi-threaded, and I was wondering if epoll had issues if you use epoll_ctl while an epoll_wait is waiting or something like that. I'm also compiling with -D_MULTI_THREADED. I'm not new to threading, but am stumped at this point.

I'm not ruling out it being my code, but wanted to ask about epoll since it's so new.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
 Davy