Re: [ck] [ANNOUNCE] Interbench 0.27

Hi Con,

You must hate me by now...

The "Gaming" benchmark has the same issue with nan coming out of the STDEV calculations, probably requires the same fix as before.

Secondly, the benchmarking of loops_per_ms is running forever, and I managed to determine where its happening.

In calibrate loops you run a while loop and iterate to get 1000 for run_time, then you calculate it one more time to ensure it was right *however* you put a sleep(1) before that. It seems to seriously skew the results, as it consistently adds ~500 to run_time, as run_time is now 1500, it jumps back up to redo because of the goto statement, and runs the while loop again, continue ad nausium. I added some simple debugging output which prints run time at the end of each while loop, and right before the goto if statement, this is the output.

--cut--
loops_per_ms unknown; benchmarking...
while: 224
while: 649
while: 993
while: 1025
while: 976
while: 1001
while: 1000
1494
while: 671
while: 997
while: 1000
1496
--cut--

The solution I used is of course to simply comment out the sleep statement, then everything works nicely, however your comments appear to indicate that the sleep is there to make the system settle a little, perhaps another method needs to be used. Thanks for your time!

--
Gabriel Devenyi
[email protected]

Con Kolivas wrote:
Interbench is a benchmark application is designed to benchmark interactivity in Linux.

Direct download link:
http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/interbench/interbench-0.27.tar.bz2

Web page:
http://interbench.kolivas.org

Changes:
Standard deviation and average latency calculation was corrected. Gaming standard deviation was implemented.

Cheers,
Con