Re: Where is place of arch independed companion chips?

On Mon, 2005-08-01 at 11:13 -0700, Greg KH wrote:
> > Good question.  I was about to submit a patch that created
> > drivers/platform because the toplevel driver for MQ11xx is a
> > platform_device driver.  Any thoughts on this?
>
> drivers/platform sounds good to me.

In another thread (about the ucb1x00) we came up with the idea of
drivers/mfd (mfd = multi function devices).

The core and platform specific parts would live here with suitable clear
naming and the subsection specific parts that were separable would live
in the appropriate place within the kernel.

Just another idea to add to the mix and removes the dilemma of a
multifunction device with isn't platform based...

Richard