Re: Where is place of arch independed companion chips?

Andrey Volkov wrote:

Hi Greg,

While I write driver for SM501 CC (which have graphics controller, USB
MASTER/SLAVE, AC97, UART, SPI  and VIDEO CAPTURE onboard),
I bumped with next ambiguity:
Where is a place of this chip's Kconfig/drivers in
kernel config/drivers tree? May be create new node in drivers subtree?
Or put it under graphics node (since it's main function of this CC)?

AFAIK, this is not one such multifunctional monster in the world, so
somebody bumped with this problem again in future.

Good question. I was about to submit a patch that created drivers/platform because the toplevel driver for MQ11xx is a platform_device driver. Any thoughts on this?

Jamey