RFC: 64-bit resources and changes to pci, ioremap, ...

As I started to update the existing patches to make struct resource have 64-bit start and end values I started to see all the places that this effects and was hoping to get some discussion on what direction we want to take.

One of the main reasons to make this change is to handle processors that have larger physical address space than effective. A number of higher-end embedded processors are starting to support larger physical address space while still having a 32-bit effective address. I was wondering if any x86 variants support this type of feature?

The main issue that I'm starting to see is that the concept of a physical address from the processors point of view needs to be consistent throughout all subsystems of the kernel. Currently the major usage of struct resource is with the PCI subsystem and PCI drivers. The following are some questions that I was hoping to get answers to and discussion around:

* How many 32-bit systems support larger than 32-bit physical addresses (I know newer PPCs do)?
* How many 32-bit systems support a 64-bit PCI address space?
* Should ioremap and variants start taking 64-bit physical addresses?
* Do we make this an arch option and wrap start and end in a typedef similar to pte_t and provide accessor macros to ensure proper use?

Andrew has also asked me to post size comparisons of drivers/*/*.o building allmodconfig with 32-bit resources and 64-bit resources to see what the size growth is. I'll post logs for people to take a look at in a followup email.

- Kumar