Re: Broken mail readers (was Re: Properly wiping a hard drive ?)

  On 10/10/10 11:10, Tom Horsley wrote:
> Actually, even if you are using gmail only as a POP server, there
> are still problems. If you send a message to the list, it
> throws away the copy you get back from the list as a "duplicate".
> I have to use two gmail accounts and subscribe to the list
> on both of them, then turn off getting list mail on one.
>
> That way I can send via one account and read via another
> and actually see my messages make the round trip and get
> properly decorated with additional list headers, etc.

    Not sure I understand this? With Thunderbird's Account set to BCC me
    I get a copy every time. I vaguely recall a problem when Wildblue
    first changed to the Google mail server so I'm not sure if it's a
    configuration change I made, seems like I've been using gmail for
    several years now and I forget the starting details but I definitely
    get copies every time.

    Bob