Broken mail readers (was Re: Properly wiping a hard drive ?)

  On 10/09/2010 07:24 PM, James McKenzie wrote:
>    On 10/9/10 10:07 AM, mike cloaked wrote:
>> On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 6:04 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan
>> <pocallaghan@xxxxxxxxx>   wrote:
>>> +1
>>>
>>> IMHO the most egregious offender is Yahoo Mail. Friends don't let
>>> friends use this POS on mailing lists.
>>>
>>> poc
>> This discussion is moving somewhat off topic!
> Mike:
>
> Should we start another thread talking about broken mail readers?
>
> I am one of the GUILTY parties and I explained that the problem in my
> case is a hosed-up mail reader provided by Earthlink.  BTW, this is NOT
> the first mailing list to complain about this problem with my mail reader.
>
> Guess it is time to 'ping' Earthlink again.
>
> James McKenzie

Hi James,
Does earthlink allow you to use your own mail client
like thunderbird, or some other gui client?
I know yahoo does not allow that on free accounts;
i.e. they do not provide pop or imap server for your
free account.
But google does. So, why not get a free google account
and use thunderbird for reading and sending email?
Spare yourself the stress of fighting a battle with earthlink.

Cheers,

JD