Re: F11 dvd media errors

On 06/11/2009 11:41 PM, Dave Close wrote:
I see a problem which may be identical to the original report, but the
solution discovered does not fit.
Also the correct checksum and precisely the correct size. All this done
using the same drive. New ideas?

You might want to try the 'rawread' script from the link given previously, although I don't see how it would make any difference.

In my case, dd reported read errors with later blocks on the disk, so I have no doubt that the media check failure was accurate.

If I got dd to produce the right checksum off the media, as you did, I would feel pretty safe in skipping the boot-time check. But I can tell you from painful experience that media errors late in the install process are Not Fun--especially if you don't have an alternative system, with everything you need to burn a new disk image.

<Joe