Re: pulseaudio, howto make it work?

Craig White wrote:
I think he gave you a really good answer too...

pulseaudio doesn't set the user permissions on devices but is handled by
ConsoleKit / HAL

If you give a report on your audio hardware submitted to ConsoleKit
package, they could fix the problem (assuming that someone else hasn't
already reported it).

Craig

OK, fair enough. But let me push back - why should I have to open another report? Shouldn't it be transferrable? Shouldn't either he or I be able to just change it to the consolekit queue?

As an end user (and yes I'be been on both sides of this), I filed a report. I reported something doesn't work and how I fixed it. At that point, I really should not have to do anything more than provide more information as required.

--Russell