Re: [Bulk] Re: Messed up my ISP/Networkmanager connection !?

William Case wrote:
<snip>
> LAN
> IP Address 192.168.1.1
> Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
> DHCP Server Enabled Firewall Enabled
>
> INFORMATION
> System Time 2008/08/05 21:28:28
> System Boot Up Time 00000 days 05:17:37
> Connected Clients 3
> Runtime Code Version V2.00.0042
> Boot Code Version V2.00.32
> LAN MAC Address 00-40-F4-91-17-8C
> WAN MAC Address 00-40-F4-91-17-8D

mac address is a hardware code address placed by manufacturer of
your nic [network interface card] or router.

to have 2 mac addresses with sequential addressing means that you have
a dual purpose card/router. possible wired and wireless.

what is model of system? have you check oem site for a manual?

most oems will have information available in pdf format. model numbers
can be grouped as a series.

> I assume the LAN MAC Address is the address that faces inward towards my
> Local Area Network of 3 computers and the WAN MAC Address is what is
> given to the wider world.  In my case, the wider world would be
> rogers.com, which in turn have their own DHCP server and DNS.  Do I have
> that correct?

maybe. again depends on what system is.

> I am impressed that my little $10.95 AOpen router has its own program
> and setup.  I had assumed that it was all cached somewhere in my
> machines memory somehow.

aopen can be found at http://global.aopen.com/
downloads are at http://download.aopen.com.tw/

most good systems use embedded cpu, rom firmware, flash ram, or solid
state disk.

cheaper will have an msbsos cd that has to be used.

- --

tc,hago.

.