Re: F9 - cups - windows shared printer

On Thu, 2008-07-24 at 19:01 -0700, Craig White wrote:
> It's no different than adding myself to lp group. While that might
> allow me to print, it doesn't really solve the problem and I can get
> it to print anyway.

It does raise the point that some definition of what some system groups
are meant to be for.  When you see groups like lp or disk are you
supposed to add yourself to them for special privileges, or are they
just for the system software to use for itself.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.25.10-86.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.