Re: F9 - cups - windows shared printer

Craig White wrote:
<snip>

 On Thu, 2008-07-24 at 21:21 +0000, g wrote:
Craig White wrote:
<snip>
I hope that you won't mind that I will continue to ignore your
suggestions thinking that they are not useful and even if they worked,
that isn't the intended behavior and thus no solution at all.
not at all. what ever churns your butter.

if such an easy change is too much for you, then do not. after all it
is your system to fight with.

as for me, i did spend a couple minutes to make change, as i found thru
google, and it did work. granted, it may something different in your
system.

i do know/recall that i did have to add myself to 'lp' group, under
mandrake 9 and 10, when i could not print as a 'user', but could as
'root'.
----

I would rather remove the line once in a while than start mucking with
system groups but more to the point and the one you seem to be missing
is that the bandaid approach you suggest helps no one else. I'm far more
interested in a real solution to the problem because others are sure to
experience this issue.

i am in full understanding of your reasoning and desire to find *where*
failure is coming from.

with no more response than you have of one other poster so far, would
this not tend to show that it would be something you 2 have in common
in configuring your system? granted, it is something that should not
happen. but it is.

therefore i would think that you and andy need to see what you have in
common in setups, permissions, and paths, etc.

also, a request for others who are using cups, if they would check
cupsd.conf and printers.conf files to see if authentication line
is present.

then, if you have a large response of line present, you have narrowed
you search to other than just cups.

just a suggestion. use it or not.

--

tc,hago.