Re: Hiding NFS mounts on desktop

Tim wrote:
On Sun, 2007-05-06 at 17:56 -0400, Patrick wrote:
quick note in case someone runs across this in the archives. My fstab is not exactly as above, it is:
"server:/foo/bar /mnt/foo/bar nfs nousers,auto,nodev,rw 0 0"

For what it's worth:

nouser is a default setting, I didn't see a nousers option.

auto is a default setting, and so is rw, and the 0 0, though it does no
harm to specify them.  It's probably quite useful to include them, if
you're reading the file, yourself.  It saves you from remembering what
the defaults are, though you have to remember that there are some other
defaults being applied, as well.

Thanks Tim. I did a bunch of reading the other night and got a handle on the fstab file. I think I am doomed to learn linux one little problem at a time. Everything runs fine, I change something to "experiment"; and then I end up learning something else while trying to fix the system and get it back to where it was before I messed with it. :-)

Patrick