Re: Hiding NFS mounts on desktop

Patrick wrote:
Tim wrote:
Or I have an fstab entry *like* the following, and it's part of the /mnt
tree:

server:/var/cache/yum  /mnt/server/yum  nfs noauto,intr,udp,noexec,nodev

Well, I changed the fstab to match this and now it is working. I would post what I had previously but I already changed it. :-) At least it is working now though !! I will take the next hour to read up on the fstab file and what all of the parameters do exactly (just kind of cut-and-pasted the nfs mount info the first time). This is how I have learned what little I know about linux so far though..read..read..read some more and then ask if I cannot figure it out. Then back to reading to find out why the answer worked. :)

Thanks for the quick reply and help guys !!!

Patrick

Oops, quick note in case someone runs across this in the archives. My fstab is not exactly as above, it is:
"server:/foo/bar /mnt/foo/bar nfs nousers,auto,nodev,rw 0 0"

Patrick