Re: kernel upgrade with yum removed old kernels

On 5/7/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Kam Leo wrote:

> True. However, the track record for my submitted RFEs leads me to that
> conclusion. Getting "Not a bug" or "Won't fix" as the only feedback
> would discourage most people from such foolish pursuits.

Enhancements are decided on a case by case basis. Sweeping
generalizations are almost always mistaken.

For me the submission of an RFE is a roll of the dice. In a few
instances, very few, the developer takes the time to discuss why the
RFE is rejected. The typical

> Yes, it does. If some one want to contribute code to the Linux kernel
> they have to follow a coding standard. A standard (one probably exits)
> can be applied to code developed within Fedora Core. Lack of or weak
> enforcement is the biggest headache.

Code developed within Fedora is very trivial compared to the amount of
software in the distribution.

In quantity, yes. Quality???

The large majority of code in inherited
from upstream projects and flows back into it. A standard for code or
enforcement of such within Fedora makes a negligible difference to the
end user experience unlike the kernel. Your assumption on that is
incorrect.

Not so. A piece of code developed within Fedora Core impacted the end
user experience. If there had not been any impact we wouldn't be
having this discussion.

Rahul