Re: kernel upgrade with yum removed old kernels

On 5/7/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Kam Leo wrote:
> On 5/7/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Kam Leo wrote:
>>
>> > Pointless and totally ineffective. I cannot change developer habits.
>> > Those who care about their code will document.
>>
>> You are being judgmental even before making any attempts. It is more
>> about effective feedback rather than habits.
>
> No, that's a lesson learned from many years of SQA.  Only those with
> the power of rejection can enforce coding/documentation standards.

You _do not_ know that a RFE would be rejected. You are merely assuming
that.

True. However, the track record for my submitted RFEs leads me to that
conclusion. Getting "Not a bug" or "Won't fix" as the only feedback
would discourage most people from such foolish pursuits.

That has nothing to do with standards.

Yes, it does. If some one want to contribute code to the Linux kernel
they have to follow a coding standard. A standard (one probably exits)
can be applied to code developed within Fedora Core. Lack of or weak
enforcement is the biggest headache.

Rahul