Re: OS Future now that Fedora Legacy defunct

Ric Moore wrote:

I agree with you and your assessment 100%, Donald. The whole deal with
Fedora, as noted in the beginning, that it is a hot test bed for RHEL
and it will be cyclical, ever evolving at the bleeding edge. No where
does the intro to Fedora say that it is a good server candidate.

We have always described Fedora as a general purpose system. Desktop, server or something else - use it the way it fits into your needs.

As I posted before, from what I perceive that I read, FC6 is supposed to
be the last edition in that devel cycle and FC7, or whatever they call
it, should be settled down and hopefully remain that way for a much
longer period of time. It might even be a server candidate, I dunno. I
understand that they haven't gone to all the expense to support Fedora
for us for our pure bumpin' enjoyment, but maybe Rahul will drop it on
us and put all of the speculation to rest. That would be a good thing.

I think you might reading into it more than what is being told. The detailed proposals including IRC logs are in http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraSummit

Also see the plans for the next release at http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.advisory-board/1551

Rahul