Re: Unable To Write To DVD

Mogens Kjaer wrote:

Is the DVD+RW drive replacing the old DVD-ROM drive, or is
it an external USB drive? An IDE drive? Are both drives present?
Without this information we'll have to make guesses.

Where does the symlinks for "dvd" and "dvd-hdc" point to now?

You don't need a symlink saying dvdwriter, you can just give
the growisofs command with the right device name.

The simplest thing to do is:

1. Put a blank DVD in the burner.
2. Give the command:

growisofs -Z /dev/dvd=FC-6-i386-DVD.iso

3. If point 2 fails, try:

growisofs -Z /dev/dvd-hdc=FC-6-i386-DVD.iso

Of course you should replace "FC-6-i386-DVD.iso" with the
name of your .iso file.

If you havn't got growisofs it can be installed by:

yum install dvd+rw-tools

Mogens

Hello Mogens,

I am sorry that I didn't say that the DVD+RW drive replaced the old DVD-ROM drive and that only the DVD+RW drive is present. It also seems that I already have the dvd+rw-tools already installed. However, I am still not able to write the Fedora Core 6 DVD.iso file to a DVD+R disk. The error that I continue to get states that the file is too large to be written to the disk. I already used another disk to see if there is a problem with the drive itself and it reads DVD video disks fine. I also used the two commands above but still without success. I am also using K3B as the burning software, but it doesn't seem to be the software itself because the same problem happens with Gnomebaker as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

--
Jeffrey D. Yuille
44 Royal Drive, apt # 103