Re: Unable To Write To DVD

Mogens Kjaer wrote:
Jeffrey D. Yuille wrote:
Hello,

I have an IBM ThinkPad T-30 and I recently bought a DVD+RW drive to use with it. I had downloaded a DVD iso file from one of the Fedora Core 6 mirrors. When I try to write the iso file to a DVD +R disk, I continue to get the error "The data does not fit on disk. The .iso file is 3.3G and the disk is 4.7G. What gives? I am using K3b to burn the data to the disk but I continue to come up with this problem. Has anyone else had this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try writing from a command prompt instead:

growisofs -Z /dev/dvdwriter=FC-6-i386-DVD.iso

First check that /dev/dvdwriter exists and is a symlink
to the correct drive.

Mogens

Hello Mogens,

I checked to see if there was a symlink was present for /dev/dvdwriter. First, there no dvdwriter file present. The only thing I see is are symlinks for the previous DVD-ROM (which was a removable drive) which says "dvd" and "dvd-hdc". How do I create this file with a symlink, or should the OS recognize this on its own and create the symlinks? Please help.

--
Jeffrey D. Yuille
44 Royal Drive, apt # 103