Re: What is the language "British"?

Grumpy_Penguin wrote:
On Monday 28 August 2006 10:56 am, Robin Laing wrote:

When you all say American, you mean US and Canada or only US, as lot
of US guys "think" that America is from Canada to Mexico (including
alaska, Hawaii and others), while actually America is from Alaska to
Tierra del fuego in Argentina.

This is one of my pet peeves and a way to dig at those from the US.  I
live in Canada so when someone says American, I say that I am one as
well.  The US citizens usually mean just themselves.

Down here [Arizona] we call Canadians ..Snowbirds

We call them wimps.  They go south to get away from the cold.

Just joking.

Of course when US citizens come across the border on an August weekend when it is 36ºC outside with snow skis on the roof rack looking for the nearest open ski slope it is funny. Yes, I have seen it. We usually point them to Alaska. For some reason they expect the border to make the weather change. That only happens on Google Earth.

Canadians enjoy winter sun on Google Earth
http://www.theregister.com/2006/08/25/google_earth_two_seasons/

--
Robin Laing