udev: BUG: spinlock bad magic on CPU#0, udevd/447 (Tainted:P )

Dear List Users,

   I have successfully installed Fedora 5 on a
shuttleX machine, AMD 2700 XP processor.  I updated to
kernel-2.6.17-1.2157_FC5 and everything was working
beautifully and then all of a sudden the machine
froze.  Could not CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE, could not
shutdown.  I was surfing the net and this happened.  I
decided to reset.  When I reset the machine it gave me
the message

Starting
  udev:  BUG: spinlock bad magic on CPU#0, udevd/447
(Tainted:P    )
 lock: c06e07d4, .magic: c06eo7d4, .owner:{weird
symbol goes here} ...
  Bug: spinlock lockup on CPU#0, udev/447 cobeo7d4
(Tainted:  P).

It stayed there leaving me no choice but to press and
hold the power button till it shutdown.  I let it stay
off for a little and I turned it back on and it let me
through with no error message as the previous one.

What does this error mean?

Is the CPU dying little by little?

Thanks for your valuable time,

Antonio