Re: Adding a gimp plugin

At 02:22 PM 7/28/2006 , you wrote:
On Friday 28 July 2006 15:51, Claude Jones wrote:
> On Fri July 28 2006 8:12 am, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > In Mozilla that just gave me a blank page, and in Konqueror I
> > got
> >
> > An error occurred while loading http://tinyurl.com/lpry3:
> > Access denied to
> > file:///usr/share/gimp/2.0/help/en/concepts-intermediate.html.
> >cription
> > Do you have the expanded url?
> >
> > Anne
>
> Sorry about that - Steven's given you the correct URL; his is the
> one I tried to give you. I've done a bit of experimentation, but
> so far, that page hasn't proven too helpful. I tried using the
> command gimptool* but this is obviously not intended for python
> scripts. I tried adding the script to the scripts directories,
> but it didn't appear in any menus - still experimenting. Let me/lib
> know if you figure it out.

No luck so far.  The doc that Steven pointed us to talks about .c files, but
this is a .py script.  Putting it in the local ~/.gimp plugin folder doesn't
appear to do anything, and doesn't seem appropriate if the doc's description
is correct.  I tried moving it to /usr/gimp/2.0/plug-ins (this on FC4) where
the python-fu scripts are, but that doesn't seem to add it to any menu.

Maybe, if you find a python script that works, do a text search for that filename and maybe you will find a config file that points to your python script plug-ins. It is a long shot but that is what I would try...

Dave M
Davem (at) Mich (dot) Com
Ann Arbor, Mich. USA

Endangered electronic species: http://www.eff.org/endangered/list.php
"The 'Analog Holes' they want to stop up are our eyes, ears and mouths."