Re: smb.conf (a little help please)

hbrhodes wrote:
> Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
>> Dumb question - can you see hbrhodes and klrhodes home directory?
>> (Depending on the Windows user.) Also, can hbrhodes and klrhodes
>> write to /misc/R2314? If not, you may want to use "force user" to
>> set the uid used when Samba writes to the share.
>>
>> Mikkel
>>

> i can see the home directory and i can see the R2314 directory
> contents.  however, it will not let me write to either, and it will not
> let me see the files in the directory, it will let me see folders and
> sub folders but not files.

Let me try again. If you log in the Linux machine as klrhodes or
hbrhodes, can you write to the /misc/R2314 directory? It the two
users can not write to the directory when logged in locally, then
your Samba config will not let you write to the directories. You may
want to check the Samba logs, (/var/log/samba) as well as
/var/log/messages. Also, when you are logged into the Windows machie
as klrhodes, (or browsing shares as that user), you should only be
able to see klrhodes's home directory.

Mikkel