Re: smb.conf (a little help please)

<----------------------------------[ SNIP ]---------------------------->
> [homes]
>   comment = Home Directories
>   browseable = no
>   writable = yes
>
> [R2314]
>        comment = public files
>        path = /misc/R2314
>        writeable = yes
>        read only = no
>        browseable = yes
>        public = no
>        printable = no
>        valid users = hbrhodes, klrhodes
>        create mask = 0765

Dumb question - can you see hbrhodes and klrhodes home directory?
(Depending on the Windows user.) Also, can hbrhodes and klrhodes
write to /misc/R2314? If not, you may want to use "force user" to
set the uid used when Samba writes to the share.

Mikkel