Re: smb.conf (a little help please)

I realize it was not a question about security. I was simply reacting
strongly to the solution method potentially opening a VERY easy to
exploit hole into the Windows machine even if the person who cracked
the Linux firewall machine can't achieve root. That's a worry. I admit
it is a small worry. But how else can I maintain my reputation for
paranoia? {^_-}

{^_^}
----- Original Message ----- From: "David Desscan" <ddesscan@xxxxxxxxx>

jdow I think you misunderstood the question of hbrhodes.  It's not a
question about Windows security or Windows hardware compatibility but rather
a samba configuration.  For your information, this is Fedora Core mailing
list and we have other things out there to read than your comments on Linux
and GPL.  We are millions around the world working together to make Linux
better and if you believe that it'll take us ages to back engineer your
hardware and provide Linux drivers for it, you are free to choose your way.

Rgds