Re: FC5 boot process, sendmail and sm_client???

Deepak Shrestha wrote:
On 7/26/06, Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Deepak Shrestha schrieb:

> I noticed that if the network card is set to automatic configuration
>     (obtain everything IP address, DNS etc from modem router then boot
> process is smooth. But I give static IP address to my computer then
> that's the time sendmail and sm_client takes forever to start. Why is
> that so? can somebody guide me? I need to use static IP in my computer
> for hosting webpage inside the lan.

Sendmail needs a valid IP <--> FQDN mapping in /etc/hosts. So make sure
you have a line like

1.2.3.4     mail.domain.tld     mail

in /etc/hosts. Be aware that Sendmail takes the first dotted hostname as
its own.

Alexander

I have following in my /etc/hosts
192.168.1.2     webcomp

Is that the entire contents of the file? If so, you removed/edited the line starting 127.0.0.1 that the preceding commented lines tell you not to remove...

Paul.