Re: Burning backup to dvd

Gene Heskett wrote:
I think the use of growisofs, letting it collect the files, might still be the best way. I've burnt iso's of nearly 3 GB (generated and burnt with k3b) so I know it will go past the magic 2GB point that used to break all file systems, but have not attempted to make or burn one that might go past the 4GB point (given 1024 byte kilobytes) which is a hair more than 4.3GB in decimal sizes.

I regularly burn DVDs containing 8x 585MB (557.9MiB) files produced by my backup software using growisofs. That's a total of nearly 4.5GiB. No issues with DVD-R media.

Paul.