Re: Mail Server

Vinayak Mahadevan wrote:
I am basically confused as to what mailing system I should use. Sendmail or
qmail? Because in one site they had mentioned that sendmail is not that good
compared to qmail.

It would appear that you've already managed to start the regularly-scheduled which-MTA-is-best discussion. Rather than advising you which one to use, I'll just say that there are a variety of decent mail servers available in Core and Extras (e.g. sendmail, Postfix, Exim), which can be installed using yum (in fact sendmail will almost certainly already be installed on your system).

You won't find qmail on that list because it is not free software and needs patching quite heavily before it's usable on the modern Internet, all of which you would need to do yourself. So I'd steer clear of qmail and go for one of the packaged servers, which should be easier to get going, especially for a beginner in mail server administration.

Paul.