Re: MSI K8NGM2 and FC 5

Lonni J Friedman wrote:
On 7/24/06, Chong Yu Meng <chongym@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Actually, I'd recommend just the opposite.  This sounds like a BIOS
bug to me.  Also, I'm guessing that Keith meant PCIE not PCI-X (i
don't think this board even has a PCI-X slot).

You are correct. I installed windows xp prof and updated the bios. Windows had no problem finding the video card and worked fine. When I do a graphical install, it probes for video card and finds the nvidia IE bridge, goes to start x, I get a mouse and a black screen and it never goes to the fedora install screen.

I've tried both FC 4 and FC 5 and neither installs. 4 starts the install and dies b/c it can't read a file even though it validates the cd. I'm doing the 64bit install not 32.

keith
begin:vcard
fn:Keith Clay
n:Clay;Keith
org:Abilene Christian University;Web Integration and Programming
adr:;;;Abilene;TX;79601;US
email;internet:keith@xxxxxxx
title:Mail/Calendar/LDAP Administrator
tel;work:325-674-2187