Re: DejaVu fonts - Not 108% - Feedback.

On Tue, 2006-07-18 at 02:28 +0100, Albert Graham wrote:
> Well, if believe your own words in this case, let's just all agree to
> remove the dot from the 0 altogether! and the entire problem has gone
> away.

Only your problem goes away, for many others not being able to quickly
tell them apart is a big problem.

Short answer:  If *YOU* do not like this font, use another font!

> I've seen a few posts on this thread where people are are comparing
> Letter O and Number 0, well firstly, O and 0 are not usually used in
> the same context and when they are, if a mistake is made, it usually
> does not matter, for example, if I say I'm going to pay back that loan
> of $1OOO, you know what I mean, that would even stand up in Judge
> Judy's court.

Load of nonsense.  The letter O and numeral 0 are *VERY* often used
together in sequences of characters where it could be one or the other,
especially on computers (command line parameters, product codes,
passwords, serial numbers [sic] that aren't always numbers), and it's
essential that you use the right one.

I read messages from the public lists.