Re: Good Bye FC5

Brian Mury wrote:
On Thu, 2006-05-11 at 20:55 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
Here is what happened. I got gmfsk to compile and load and it came up working just fine except for the same dam error message whan you try to go to transmit:

sound_open_for _write: opensnd: /dev/dsp Device or resource busy.

I was never able to clear this error message so of course it doesn't work.

This is not a gmfsk problem. This simply means that some other program
has the soundcard locked, and gmfsk is unable to access it. You need to
find out what program is using the soundcard. For example, I have to
shut down Skype before I can run gmfsk.

I have tested and it appears to be gmfsk which is the user while it is receiving. That is what I saw. But if you have gmfsk actually working then there is some problem here I can't find.

When you press to look at the window you set mode with in FC5 there is a circle in front of every choice. On earlier linux that doesn't happen.

Karl