Re: Good Bye FC5

Gilboa Davara wrote:
On Wed, 2006-05-10 at 17:02 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
I have had it. There are just too many new ways to do things and lots of Gnome changes and I'm about fed up. It's back to dear old FC4 where it all works well. I hope they fix the problems in FC5 for FC6 when it emerges.

Karl

Beside ranting in the ML, what have -you- done to improve things?

Gilboa

I'm not a programmer, I don't know exactly what is wrong and I'm a 70 year old Electrical Engineer. I did not study computer engineering because there were no computers then.

I upgraded to FC5 because it was claimed that it is better. But some of my best "legacy" software in X-windows looks diffirent and does not work well. I have written the person who wrote the software and he is not interested in fixing the problem. It all works fine in FC4.

Karl