Re: iso disk problems

Tim wrote:
Tim:

I think the pause/resume feature that Firefox purports to offer does
not

Mike McCarty:

It pauses a download ALREADY IN PROGRESS and if it is then clicked
it resumes the SAME DOWNLOAD.

It *never* does that here.  It just sits there doing nothing.  Even on
my local server, which I know supports resuming downloads and has no
stupid tricks implemented to thwart resumes.

AFAICT, it instructs it not to ACK one of the packets or request
another, thus "pausing" the download.

Every version of Mozilla or Firefox, Windows or Linux, that I've tried,
behaves that way.

Mine definitely causes a pause. How long one may let it go that way,
I dunno. If one exits the tool, however, it cannot resume where it
left off. It deletes the partial file. It does not what one would
really like a pause/resume to do.

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.