Re: iso disk problems

Anne Ramey wrote:
I'm trying to create iso disks for fedora core 3 i386. So far I have 3 coasters, two that won't boot and one that boots up, but is corrupt. Is there a better way to do this? I've downloaded the isos directly from redhat and I've used two different computers to do the CD burning. Is there a way I can get the needed info over the newtork directly onto the machine itself for a new install...maybe using the rescue CD?

Anne

Interesting. I tried to download Fedora, but only the first iso came through completely, the other three stopped somewhere close to the end of the download just before full download was reported in the download manager. I tried to pause and resume to see
if this would make them go the last mile, but they stayed frozen.
Therefore I have not burned the CD's, I did not expect that any success would come from an incomplete download. I downloaded in Mozilla Firefox, and as far as I know that should not be a problem. Maybe this is your problem, a close to- but no complete download? Does anybody know if this may be mirror related?
I just used the download page on the Fedora website.
Does anyone know where I could get a complete download?

Brgds
Per-Anton