Re: system stops after logging out

On Thu, 2006-01-26 at 15:30 -0500, CroombeFP wrote:
> This also happens to me on FC4 and Gnome. I can go to Desktop and click
> on Log Out and the system freezes. The only way I currently know of to
> get out of this is to do CTL-ALT-F1 and issue shutdown -r "now" as root
> under bash. Of course one often loses data by this method and it is slow
> and clumsy. I wish I knew of a better way out.
> CroombeFP

i've seen this.  and i think it has something to do with what you have
running at the moment.  you might want to manually close all windows in
all workspaces and then look at your background processes, like those
next to the clock in the upper right corner, and close those as well.
then see what happens.

john
--
cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.