Problem with jpeg pictures from mail attachment.

I have tried to view the  picture attachments on my sylpheed mail program and can only see the top half of the picture. the bottom half is greyed out. This comes from my wife from an apple imac using os X. Every time she sends me a picture the same thing happens. I saved the jpeg picture to my Home directory to see if I could determine what might be the problem. I used the file command and got:

IMG_8843.jpg: JPEG image data, EXIF standard, comment: "AppleMark"

When I use display I get:

display: Corrupt JPEG data: premature end of data segment `IMG_8843.jpg'.
display: Corrupt JPEG data: premature end of data segment `IMG_8843.jpg'.

This is strange because she can send this jpeg to other people who have
Microsoft systems and they do not have this problem.

I was wondering if anyone else have seen similar problems with a  mail attachment with a jpeg picture. What could be the problem?

--
Richard Miles
Federal Way WA. USA