Re: SHRED for EXT3?

Michael Yep wrote:

How much is their data worth? Probably not that much, or they wouldn't have let you take it home. So delete it to the point that it would no longer pay to recover it. If it is no longer worth recovering, it has been effectively deleted.

At a guess, it has over 2000 man years into it. It is in a very
competitive industry (health care related).

This is all kinda funny to me since I remembered you said the data transport method was pkzip with a password via email.
Just curious how many digit passwords do they use, and full character set?

Erm, not quite. The original transfer method was a direct connect
cable. AFTER COMPILATION I have transferred EXECUTABLES ONLY
using pkzip with "encryption". The executables won't run except
in a specialized environment.

Source is a different matter.

Mike