Re: Apple Cinema Display 23" and no image

Hello
I got an Apple Cinema Display and when I hooked it up to the computer
running Fedora Cora 4 it's only black. When I restart nothing
happens, it looks as if the display goes into sleep mode right after
boot up.
I've tried reconfiguring xfree86 remotely via ssh and still nothing
shows on the screen, just black.
Anyone knows a solution to this problem?

Did you do this on x86 or PPC ?

Apple displays tend to be widescreen, and you may have to generate
modelines
-- Colin Charles, http://www.bytebot.net/

I did this on x86. My corrent linux machine is a pentium 4 with on board ATI graphics. I had this same problem when I used to run YellowDog Linux 4 (which is based on Fedora) on a PPC. Same issue with two different platforms and two different distros.
Yes, Apple Cinema Displays are widescreen.
Is there a way to get FC4  to work with that monitor?
Thanks
EJ