RE: Strange connection

Well, disconnected now.
Actually I'm running phpbb on the system.

Going through the logs, and seen some strange things.
It seems that obviously someone got into this server, and made it to
download some nasty things:
I assume that they used phpBB to get in??

gulie.tgz, this one is clearly a virys, symantec calls it "Linux.RST.B"

The others is

cycomm.tar.gz
roots.tar

Haven't got a clue what it is, but I don't think they are nice.

Now, the big question is, will they affect other boxes on the network as
well. I assume that the XP-Boxes should be alright.

Is there any app I can use to scan my other linux-boxes (not running
httpd) and see if they are infected, and the infected one to find out what
happened.

And Yes I will do a complete reinstall, on reformatted disks.

With best regards

Tomas Larsson
Sweden

Verus Amicus Est Tamquam Alter Idem