Apple Cinema Display 23" and no image

Hello
I got an Apple Cinema Display and when I hooked it up to the computer running Fedora Cora 4 it's only black. When I restart nothing happens, it looks as if the display goes into sleep mode right after boot up. I've tried reconfiguring xfree86 remotely via ssh and still nothing shows on the screen, just black.
Anyone knows a solution to this problem?
EJ