RE: How to update RPM's from ISO images after hard driveinstallation

At 6:24 PM +0200 7/10/05, Peter De Jager wrote:
>I will have a look at yum (like most other Linux things it's new to me), but
>would it not be quicker to install off CD rather than downloading? I also
>have a 3GB monthly cap on my DSL line (life in Africa) so I need to preserve
>bandwidth. But again, I will do "man yum" and see where it takes me. Thanks.
>
>I have already tried to mount my iso images using loopback and it does work
>(as in, it does mount), but it still does not solve my problem. E.g. once an
>ISO is mounted and available, when I install an RPM the installer still asks
>me for a CD (e.g. Disc 3) and there is still no option to browse to the
>mounted ISO image (without inserting a physical CD I cannot proceed). So
>what I need to know is how to point Linux to a location where the
>installation files (or ISO's) are stored so that I do not get prompted to
>insert CD's. Is there a config file somewhere that I need to edit?

Al Emmanuel says, I think you want to create a local repository from your
.isos.  I think Paul Howarth and others have said how to do this (but I
haven't done it myself).  Searching the list archive does not work, but
here's a list mirror to search:

    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=fedora-list&r=1&w=2

or use Google, but Google isn't as current:

    <search terms> site:www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list