2 NICs--One Hostname

I'm running FC3 on an Intel server that has two NICs on the motherboard. I'm trying to give the two NICs separate hostnames and separate DNS IPs and DNS search paths (one NIC (eth0) is intended to face the Net; the other (eth1) will run a LAN that is not intended to have any contact with the Net. Eth1 has a static IP address, and eth0 gets its automatically.) However, system-config-network will only allow me to assign one hostname to both NICs, presumably because system-config-network writes these data to the same /etc/resolv.conf.

Does anyone have any way to work around this?

On a side note, my /etc/hosts has the loopback IP/domain as its first line, yet system-config-network doesn't show it in the GUI under the Hosts tab. I seem actually to have all my loopback capabilities. Why doesn't this show up in the GUI?

Thanks

Eric Hines

--
He can compress the most words into the smallest ideas of any man
I ever met.